Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Meadow


I pace through this meadow with acute benevolence,
I take a breath and close my eyes as I feel the prevalence,
The prevalence of beauty, the wind begins to carry me,
He whispers in my ear, "be not wary of thee,"
I let his soft, cool hands guide me higher and higher
I look down on the meadow and see a disheartening mire,
Of filth and pigs arguing and shouting, how can I get rid of this I ask the wind,
He says without pouting, "the entropy is growing on this earth you see,
You must realize that you are not the only bee,
In this hive of lust and power, truly the world is no longer a beautiful flower, at first you saw only A pristine meadow and all that surrounded you,
Hearken to me for what I‘m about to say is true,
There is no stopping this pain and sorrow,
Only a way to keep up your end of the deal,
The way you do this is to no longer borrow,
Taking from the inconclusive thought process the world has endowed,
Create your own, be proud, your mind is a gift,
A way to heal all those living in pain, it is true you can not change everything,
The moon will continue to wax and wane,
But in your creativity you have already seen differently,
Be confident in your ability to shape a change,
Forever know this when the world calls you ignorant or insane,
Your gift will be questioned, spat upon, disregarded,
But do not be concerned, for with this gift spiritual change has already started."

No comments:

Post a Comment