Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Tower


Rejection, the pain I feel inside,
Redemption, my hurt no longer hides,
Escape, getting away from all that which hurts,
Love, something I have found that yearns,
only bringing more feelings that burn, from within,
I can not escape that which lives inside, it makes a hole,
Continues to divide, a powerful presence I can not rid myself of,
Something existential, not from above.
How can you continue to ignore me? Destroy my will, all that I thought which was for me,
Instead, you work against me, continue to kill,
Lying you wait, I begin to grow ill.
My ego was a safe house, now it is not, if this malice continues,
My heart, it will rot, as the flower that decays and withers before the eye,
Do you think I am different, this pain, I can defy?
No, your denial, I admit, has a vice grip on my heart,
Of this feeling, can I ever depart? But wait, within your rejection I have found a flaw,
A single mistake, but indeed, one that I surely saw….
Hate! your hatred betrays you, yes, it begins to flay you,
Like a whip with a power driven hand, your tower,
It will not stand, because of one little bud.
A bud that paws its way through the soil, do you think it will quit,
Rid itself of endless toil? No, this bud, it struggles, it grows, blossoming into a beautiful rose, 
Climbing, reaching, for what, no one yet knows.
Ah, then you see, your hatred hath no power,
For the rose has overshadowed your strong, impenetrable tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment