Friday, March 27, 2009

Desolation Desert


Sand bitter, grainy sand surrounds my every move,
Which way, which way, o which way should I choose…
Everywhere I look this desert is never ending,
Into a boiling pot, my brain, the sun is sending.
I follow the rolling hills of white sand with my tired eyes,
Surely there is no end, surely, this is my demise.
I trudge through this inescapable desert, my heart begins to pound,
I strive to scream just to hear the sound
Noise does not escape my vocal chords for my throat is too parched,
My skin, the sun has slowly begun to starch.
I fall into the sand, my face smacks the hot, unforgiving ground,
My head does not move, as I take a look around,
But all I see is pain and suffering, no cure for this hurt,
From the ground I have come, now I must return to the dirt.
I roll onto my back, sun drenched sky is all I see,
I wish to be up there, this is my final plea.
If I had wings, I could fly from this place,
Surely the air is cooler up there, up in outer space.
I would make my home as a celestial being, the stars would be my backyard,
There would never be any grieving.
No funerals, no rumors of war, no pain,
No strife, no need to feed poor,
I would wave the earth goodbye and all of its material items,
I would fly from planet to planet and become as one of the great titans.

No comments:

Post a Comment