Monday, March 30, 2009

Worth Mentioning


The Academy Is... show was a memorable performance to say the least. I have now been to three of their shows at the HOB in Dallas. Last night's show was an extremely relaxing acoustic set. Bill covered a couple songs including Marching Bands of Manhattan (Deathcab for Cutie) and Heartbeats (Knife). It was a nice way to end an otherwise crappy weekend. I posted the cover of Marching Bands of Manhattan underneath.


Some other bands to check out for all of those music junkies out there: Search the City, Hit the Lights, This Providence, and Rookie of the Year.....and call me weird but due to studying a lot lately I have been on the lookout for some good instrumental music. Mogwai, God is an Astronaut, Explosions in the Sky are just a few of the bands I've been diggin' lately.

P.s. This may be just a rumor but I've heard about a certain band releasing a clip of some of their new stuff ;-) Boys and girls, I have a quiz for you.....find out who's album art is at the top and you will find the answer to who is releasing new tracks. GOOD LUCK....

No comments:

Post a Comment