Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Traveler's Guide to the Path of Ultimate Resistance


I exited my own skin,
I shall never return to that wretched place again,
Found a landscape among the stars,
Left behind the cold, iron bars,
That kept my mind held hostage,
My tired soul a prisoner of my own body,
Life had consistently flogged me
And kept my dreams as subterranean nightmares,
I was stuck in the putrid muck of my own violent fears,
A captive of a materialistic society,
Founded on the basis of unquenchable impropriety.
I will miss my fellow inmates,
May you find my same peace, a last suggestion;
Cut through the camouflage of golden fleece,
Find the ravished wolves among you,
So that they shall not devour your brothers and sister,
Avoid those whose plans are sinister,
They will shackle your livelihood,
Taking away all that is good,
You will be subject to the same perverted illusion,
Subordinate to their demands of delusion.
You will grow tired of living the same, insipid lie,
The one that leads you down a path called demise.
So take a hold of my advice,
Find solitude in escaping the bounds of the existential realm,
Recover a place at your mind's helm,
Navigate the waters of your own imagination,
Refuse the castration, of free will, creative thought,
And you will be glad you had fought.
Continue to live a life outside the traps,
The snares of a robotic existence,
Sometimes the road of resolution,
Is the path of ultimate resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment