Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Beauty of Happiness

I feel the ice flow through my veins
Within my tired body, the cold slowly stains, my spirit
I can no longer bare it
This pain eats away
Destroying all, why I am I here?
What is life's call?
I open my dreary window and to my great surprise
I feel the wind blow
I look out, ecstatic to see
This beautiful world that lies before me
Great, green rain forest, snow-capped mountains
Endless desert, gushing fountains
Bustling city, arctic glaciers
How could I have missed out on such wondrous nature?
My heart begins to beat again
My frozen blood, thaws within
Joy returns in my soul, it digs in
Takes back control, from that ugly demon of sadness
That nearly drove me into perpetual madness
Change is coming, in a downpour
It presents itself, to my life,
This change brings great wealth
Before this moment, my existence was that of a ship
Wrecked on a reef of self-pity and despair
I sought out happiness but found it nowhere
Now my life has finally evolved
Torturous feelings have been resolved
I now realize life is not just a monotonous task
Instead, in its warm rays, I shall bask
Enjoying the beauty all around
No longer am I a ship, run aground.

No comments:

Post a Comment