Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Escape


I follow a dirt path,
Through the tall grass,
Many a mighty oak I continue to pass,
I reach out and feel the blades bow before my hand,
I feel as though sovereign,
A king of a great land,
As I continue to trek,
I reach the mighty forest,
The sparrows greet me with their beautiful chorus,
I bid my hand to them and say adieu,
I continue to walk, enjoying the wondrous view.
Sun escapes,
Creeping its way through the trees,
It is not all that makes its way through cunningly,
So does a swift yet gentle breeze,
The forest is dark but my heart has never been so light,
My spirit flies high,
Like the flight of a kite,
Fern and frond surround,
Butterfly flutters, I lay on the soft forest ground,
My mind begins to un-clutter,
I look up at the canopy of great, green giants,
And thanks to this escape I feel as though no longer an appliance, of the world,
I will never go back to civility, to that life I so despised,
Where everything seems a copy, a continuous reprise.
I will make my home right here,
This great forest,
This entrancing utopia of no care.

No comments:

Post a Comment