Thursday, April 2, 2009

Light vs. Dark


Out of the corner of my eye a dark shadow makes his home,
To his every game, my mind is continually prone,
I turn to stare this devil down,
But where did the dark fiend hide,
He is Nowhere to be found, time, he has begun to bide,
I make my way warily down this sparsely lit Hall,
I take a look behind, ah, was that him over on the wall,
Has my sanity started to unwind?
Sweat crawls carefully down my spine,
As I nervously wait for some type of sign,
That he is there watching me, following my every step,
Out of my mind he refuses to be kept,
The shadow digs into my mind,
Submerges his cat-like claws in my imagination skin,
He refuses to cease, this dark power must win,
I feel like a great owl, my head is on a pivot,
Within my soul, the dark has dug a fear divot,
Made me his captive, a prisoner with no parole,
This shadow knows how to enforce a greater and greater toll.
I have become weary in this constant, ferocious battle,
I feel as though I am following a herd of ignorant cattle,
And succumbing to this ever-present fear,
A word to the wise, don’t allow this evil to come near,
If you give him an inch he will not only pinch,
But he will begin to tear and claw, kicking and screaming,
But not to worry, because there is a flaw within his black heart.
Illumination! I make my way towards a door,
I open it, and in the light begins to pour,
I feel the shadow lunge, trying to grab and pull me back,
But this time he will not win,
He screams in pain as the light tears through his dark matter,
His nightmare flesh begins to tatter,
Leaving him broken and battered.

No comments:

Post a Comment