Friday, April 3, 2009

Existence


My body is a fluid, it flows with the ebb and tide,
It becomes permeable when pressure is applied,
It floats through this vast expanse with no thought,
No question of when, where, or why….
How did I get here?
I continue to squeeze through this war-torn continuum,
Of space and time, mental and physical.
When will my mind distinguish the boundary lines?
My body continues to float,
It makes its way through a great, placid moat,
I envision myself in the reflection of the water,
But there is nothing, nor will there ever be,
My existence is fake, a falsified showing of life,
O what a waste, what a wretched, despondent display full of strife.
My reflection was not abducted,
Surely, my view was unobstructed,
There was no mistake, no error in my thought,
O how can this happen, from what evil was this nightmare wrought?
I am not here, I never was, and never will,
I dwell on this hard to swallow pill as I continue to float.
I wake up, and free myself from my sweat drenched sheets,
I hit the floor hard upon my feet,
As I launch myself from my bed chamber,
I run to the mirror expecting to see nothing or maybe a face of a stranger.
There lies before me, myself, skin and bone,
O, beautiful flesh I fall to the tile floor, I lay down,
Entrapping myself in a great bear hug,
I have never been so thankful, at my skin I continue to tug,
I am alive and that I will never take for granted,
Never again will I be so disenchanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment