Monday, April 6, 2009

Down by the Guadalupe



On the banks of the Guadalupe I sit and watch her flow,
I bask against the well rooted Cypress tree, as time begins to slow.
Her beauty is like a finely cut jewel, an emerald in color,
To not relish in this wonder, one would be a fool.
She glides quietly against pale limestone cliff,
Making her way through the river bed, gentle, yet swift.
She speaks softly to me in hushed tones,
Into her liquid arms I throw small stones,
And watch them skip across her slowly moving surface.
I stand and make my way towards her, I step into her gently,
Her cool handed touch elegantly surrounds me.
She makes her way up just past my knees,
I stand and enjoy her cool mist breeze,
Watching her as she saunters into the distance,
What a wonderful life, an easy going existence, facing such minimal resistance.
I admit I have grown very envious of her free flowing style,
But for now I will just have to partake from my imagination vial,
And envision myself flowing smoothly alongside her,
An eternal companion, we will flow into the distance, forever together.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you wrote about the Guadalupe! We have so many good memories of being there...

    ReplyDelete